Applications Engineer – Bay Area, California
Can you build relationships with clients and really understand what they want?
Do you have a solid understanding of semiconductors and IC design?
Looking for your next step in a company that will offer you exciting projects and autonomy?
Who are we?
UltraSoC is a pioneering developer of analytics and monitoring technology at the heart of the systems-on-chip (SoCs) that power today’s electronic products. Our embedded analytics technology allows product designers to add advanced cybersecurity, functional safety and performance tuning features; and it helps resolve critical issues such as increasing system complexity and ever- decreasing time-to-market. We are a young, growth-stage company, proud of our technology and selling globally to many of the most respected and most exciting technology companies on the planet
What are we looking for?
With rapid growth plans, we’re now looking for a superstar Applications Engineer who wants to work in a fast-growing dynamic start-up.
What do we need?
• A real understanding of semiconductors and IC design process and tools
• Previous experience of IC or FPGA Design (Verilog, VHDL)
• Experience of programming (C, Python)
• Experience with debugging and tools (JTAG / software debug, e.g. Lauterbach or DS-5)
• Ability to use, in detail, development tools Linux and IDE (Eclipse)
• Solid relationship building skills along with being comfortable dealing with customers and credibly presenting technical subjects
• Good communication and interpersonal skills (written and in person)
• A “self-starter” with bags of initiative and of the mindset to be capable of working autonomously
• Will involve some international travel (25%)
What would be beneficial?
• Ideally some experience with software or web e.g. setting up support tools or customer portals (Bugzilla, Supportforce or similar)
In a friendly supportive environment, you will have as much responsibility as you can handle, with a lot of scope to make your mark and propose new ideas. Things will be fast-moving, with new projects and new ideas on a constant basis: this will be exciting– and often demanding. We expect our people to be flexible and to “go the extra mile” in meeting and exceeding our customers’ expectations.
In return, you’ll have plenty of autonomy, share a desire to get things done and a willingness to work to make both us and our customers succeed. As part of that we offer flexible working hours, a work from home policy and flexibility on holidays. That includes family-friendly support like adjusting your working hours to suit school hours.
UltraSoC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other protected class.
Please quote reference JH02 when applying for this position. Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted.
If you are interested in applying for the above vacancy, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.